After only 3 rounds we have had a number of highlights to date:
- Our new players are settling into the club well.
- Past players have been regulars to our games, and are again an important part of our club in becoming player sponsors.
- New social members are signed up for the season.
- Social functions have been successful with our Hawaii 5-0 night & Ladies Day Luncheon.
- Beer stein and player auctions have been well supported.
- The rooms are looking great with honour boards updated, our memorabilia on display, and sponsored player photos are up.
There is plenty more to look forward to throughout the year, so check out our social calendar here on the website and lock in the dates.
The vibe around the club is one of anticipation and excitement. Beating Kilsyth by 49 points was the highlight of the year so far. Whilst falling narrowly short in out other 2 games against Park Orchards and Forest Hill, the signs are there and I believe we have been giving 100% in every game.
Injuries to key players Brett Johnson, Riley McDonald and James Lomax has restricted our progress, however these guys aren’t far away and will only strengthen our senior side in the coming weeks.
We could’ve easily dropped our heads and thought that 1-2 is a bad start; the reality is we have had a solid start and will only get better. The bye this week will see us all re-group on and off the field, and hit the ground running the following week against Ferntree Gully away.
Special thanks to all of our sponsors (new and existing) and past players for embracing our club and being part of a new era of success.
Jon Wilson – President